Tuesday 22 May 2012

CPD23 - Thing 1

So, after much agonising, I've finally taken the plunge and started a blog. I've always been a bit nervous about blogging - what if I have nothing interesting to say?! And what name would I give my blog?!

What made my change my mind? Last year I heard about cpd23 - but couldn't quite work up the courage to take part. However, the time has come for me to embrace a new challenge!

I'm hoping that taking part will help me organise my thoughts on new technologies more effectively, enable me to reflect more on my practice and help me develop as a professional. 

At the moment, I'm still getting to grips with the idea of putting my thoughts 'out there' - so I'm going to post this before I lose my nerve completely!








4 comments:

  1. Hi bookworm, well done on taking the plunge... I'm taking part in CPD23 this year too and I'm surprised by how many blogs I'm reading where the bloggers are apprehensive about putting their thoughts out into the public domain. This is exactly how I feel and it's a scary thing to do, but it really seems at odds with the profession, since most of us in real life are happy to share, network and make friends! Perhaps we're all just far too modest :-)
    Good luck with your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi librarian - thank you for your comment! Fear of the unknown does strange things, doesn't it?! But you're so right - given that we work in a profession where we share knowledge every day, why should this be any different!
      Good luck to you too!

      Delete
  2. Hello, I enjoyed reading your post as it is so similar to my first post! Having browsed some other blogs I have found that there are several of us who feel the same way about blogging into the great unknown. Perhaps we should view it as a sort of on-line community of like minded people sharing and supporting then we wouldn't find it quite so intimidating. Like you I am a school librarian and believe if we can stick with this we will learn much that will be useful and can then share with others in our schools. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne - thank you for your comment! After having a browse through other blogs, including yours, I'm feeling quite inspired now and like you can't wait to see how I can translate what I learn from this course into practice at school. I'm looking forward to seeing how we all develop as the weeks progress!
      Good luck to you too!

      Delete