Wednesday 23 May 2012

CPD23 - Thing 2: Explore other blogs


Although I’m bit late in joining the blogosphere, I have ‘followed’ a number of blogs previous to signing up to this course – mainly book review sites – but I’ve never previously commented.

I decided to start this task by exploring the blogs of others working in the field of school librarianship, as well as picking out a few blog names that interested me. There were quite a few blogs I enjoyed reading, and will continue to follow - once I work out how to do that. As I was reading, I was quite comforted to notice that I was not the only one who was a bit unsure about blogging, and needed the push that this course gave. It’s nice to know that I’m not the only ‘new girl’ on the internet!

I don’t know why I have been unsure about taking part in online discussions before – perhaps it’s because I’m not particularly confident, and I worry a bit about being shot down in flames. However, I was really excited to find two comments on my blog today – it was really nice to hear from others taking part in this course, and made me feel a bit more confident about embarking on this journey. So, I hope that my comments to others work in the same way.

So, two new things done in as many days! Tomorrow I’ll tackle Thing 3: My personal brand…

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, I am not a particularly confident blogger even tho i started CPD23 last year but ran out of time to complete everything (also had problems accessing some of the features at work).

    ReplyDelete